Rye Sourdough Bread.
You can cook Rye Sourdough Bread using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rye Sourdough Bread
- It’s 100 g of bread starter.
- It’s 200 g of rye flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It’s 300 g of bread flour.
- It’s Tea spoon of salt.
- Prepare Tea spoon of sesame seeds.
- It’s Tea spoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s Table spoon of Chia.
Rye Sourdough Bread step by step
- Wake up your bread starter by mixing it with your rye flour and approx half of the water. It should create thick porridge like texture. Let it rest for an hour or so, until you see bubbles forming in the mixture..
- Remove approx 100 g of that mixture to a separate bowl for next time. Then mix all the ingredients in a bowl, adding just enough water so the dough is thick but still slightly sticky. Be careful with water.mix really really well. I use Kitchen Aid standing mixer with bread dough and I mix it for about 5 min..
- Cover and let it rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- Flour your work surface and put the dough on it and start folding your bread. Create square shape, fold the dough from up to down and from left to right. This way some more flour will get incorporated into the dough. Do this for about 5 min..
- Place it into your bread bowl and let rest in warm place for 4 h.
- Heat your oven on 240 Celsius, including the baking dish you will bake your bread on. Once hot, transfer your dough quickly on the baking tray and pop in the oven..
- Pour some hot water I. The oven on a separate dish to create steam..
- Bake for 20 min on 240, the. Lower to 200 for another 20-30 min. The bread must sound hollow when you tap on it.
- Let it rest till it cools down. Enjoy! I love this bread so much!.